- Disclaimer and Table of Contents
- Section 1: Some Basic Things You Need to Know Before You Get Started
- Section 2: What Do I Need to Know Before I File My Petition?
- Section 3: How Do I Fill Out the Forms?
- Section 4: What Do I Do After I Fill Out the Forms?
- Section 5: What Happens After My Petition Has Been Accepted for Review?
- Section 6: How Do I Apply to Enroll in My Tribe?
- Section 7: Resources
- Section 8: Forms
(How Native American Adoptees Can Get Their Birth Records in California)
(Much of the information contained in this handout pertains solely to individuals tracing their ancestry to California tribal groups.)
Much of the information contained in this handout pertains solely to individuals tracing their ancestry to California tribal groups. This information is not meant as a guide for those tracing their ancestry from tribes outside of California. While the information is specific to California, the general scope of the information and your particular family’s history may not reflect the experience of the majority of California Native families.
3. For further assistance, please visit the U.S. Department of the Interior’s page on Tracing Indian Ancestry:http://www.doi.gov/tribes/trace-ancestry.cfm