Administrative Assistant Position Available – Eureka Office
California Indian Legal Services is a statewide, tribally controlled, non-profit corporation that provides legal services to Indian tribes, Indian organizations and low-income individual Indians on issues involving Federal Indian Law. CILS provides a variety of legal services including brief counsel and advice and extended representation on core legal issues affecting Native Americans and Indian tribes. CILS is involved in litigation, policy analysis, and advocacy and also provides transactional services to tribes involving economic development and tribal infrastructure.
CILS has four offices throughout California. Our Sacramento office provides legal services in 7 counties that include 18 of the 110 federally recognized tribes in California.
Under the supervision of the Directing Attorney, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for the Eureka Office staff, as well as a broad range of program activities. Specific duties may vary considerably over time, but are likely to include:
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Greet and assist all clients and visitors to the office
- Type correspondence and other legal documents in support of the legal staff
- Sort and distribute daily mail; process outgoing mail
- Monitor and stock office supplies
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of office equipment
- Data entry, copying, calendaring and general filing
- Assist with file creation, maintenance, and organization
- Assist with the preparation of reports, presentations, and other publications
- Manage phone and voicemail system;
- Calendar and tickle cases;
- Coordinate travel and related tasks;
- Other administrative and clerical tasks, as assigned
AA/Clerical school degree preferred or previous clerical experience. Must be proficient in MS Office, other standard software programs; have excellent communication and typing skills; and experience with telephone systems. Must demonstrate the ability to interact with clients in a professional and courteous manner. CA driver’s license required. Knowledge of or interest in Indian communities and/or legal services is preferred.
DOE. This is an hourly, full-time, non-exempt position at 40 hours per week. Generous leave policies and potential annual performance incentive. We provide family/partner medical, dental and vision benefits.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Patricia De La Cruz-Lynas, Director of Administration, California Indian Legal Services, 609 S. Escondido Blvd., Escondido, CA 92025. E-mail EURemail@example.com.
CALIFORNIA INDIAN LEGAL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. NATIVE AMERICANS, MINORITIES AND THE DISABLED ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.